I forgot to take my diabetes medication!
How many times has this happened to you?
It’s common to sometimes forget to take medications that are essential to our health.
It is important that we remember to take our medications on time, or as soon as possible if we forget, depending on the medication a missed dosage may have to be excused.
There are many methods that we can use to help us to remember to do so.
You can try any of the following suggestions:
1. Set a alarm on your clock, watch, cell phone or blood glucose meter
2. Associate the time with an event such as “taking your break at work”
3. Ask your child, or grandchild to remind you (they love being reliable)
4. Mark your calendar or create a chart
5. Form a “Medication Reminder Committee” with your friends
6. Some pharmacies have a “Daily Medication Reminder Service”
Please feel free to add any advice or suggestions to this list, but most of all “try” to remember to take your medication(s) on time!
Next Discussion: Extremely Encouraged »