Type 1 in the UK

By Megahit Latest Reply 2011-04-11 04:18:49 -0500
Started 2011-04-09 12:16:32 -0500

How do the conversions work if I get insulin pens when I'm abroad? I've heard that Europe measures the insulin in a different unit than us.

Any UK residents "in the house" that are available to answer a slew of questions I have on diabetic health care abroad?

2 replies

kdroberts 2011-04-09 14:41:31 -0500 Report

The insulin units are the same worldwide. However, most of the world measures blood sugar in different units to the US though. Multiply the UK number by 18 to get the US or divide the US by 18 to get the UK. A1c is also measured in a different unit, not sure if the conversion though.

Next Discussion: neither up nor down »