I was just diagnosed on Feb. 10th with type 2. I ran a couple of errands and had an appointment for Chemo treatment at 2:00 PM. I drove myself to the appointment, they watched me stagger down the hallway and said I was extremely lethargic. They called for an ambulance and hauled me into the hospital that Thurs. afternoon. I was out of it and slept until Sunday when I finally realized where I was and what was going on. I was very lucky I did not kill myself or worse someone else while I was driving around doing my errands.
• Since my Gastric Bypass in 1997 I have not been able to eat sugar. (If I do I get the same symptoms as being drunk.) The hardest things for me now are:
• I was a Certified Executive Chef and spent 25 years in the food business. I LOVE FOOD.
• I am a “Carbo Junkie”. 1st bread, 2nd rice, then pasta.
• I have only eaten 2 meals a day my entire life. (not that I didn’t snack or just grab something all day long). So eating at regular times is something I’m struggling with.
• Lastly, I grew up starting as a child (57 yrs ago) eating a bedtime snack. Having a VERY hard time breaking that one.
I’m open to any and all suggestions.
Next Discussion: good morning »